Embark on Alaska’s most intimate wildlife viewing adventure as you quest for whales, sea otters, puffins, bald eagles or even brown bear aboard a deluxe expedition catamaran. Then, step ashore on a remote island to explore the rugged coast. Your expert naturalists will provide a wealth of information about the environment and the wildlife species you encounter.
FULL DESCRIPTIONFull Description:
Combine luxury and excitement aboard an expedition jetboat as you quest for whales, sea otters, puffins, bald eagles or even brown bear in pristine Sitka Sound. You’ll also experience the rugged Alaskan coast from ashore on a remote island. Every tour is uniquely designed by your Captain with the day’s tides, weather and wildlife sightings in mind. Enjoy animal encounters from the comfort of the spacious, window-lined cabin, or indulge all your senses from out on deck.
During your beach adventure discover colorful tide pools, trace wildlife tracks and explore the stunning beauty around you. Also, keep an eye out for Japanese fishing floats and other exotic flotsam deposited by mysterious ocean currents. An expert naturalist, dedicated crew and limited group size make this the ultimate Alaska close-up. Enjoy a gourmet snack as you “fly” back to Sitka in catamaran comfort, including full restroom and mini-galley.
Jet-Cat Wildlife Quest & Beach Exploration Gallery
- Port: Sitka
- Duration: 3 Hours (2-hr cruise, 1-hr beach exploration)
- Provided: Rain poncho, binoculars, snacks, beverages
- Accessibility: This tour is not appropriate for individuals who have difficulty walking. Participants must be in good health, at least 8 years of age, and able to hike up to ½-mile over wet, uneven terrain.
- Unmatched access to remote Alaska coastal areas combined with exceptional wildlife viewing opportunities. Sitka Sound is home to an abundance of wildlife!
- This exciting, small-group experience was voted Sitka’s “Best Shore Excursion of the Year”. You’ll be one of no more than 20 guests served by an attentive, enthusiastic crew.
- Catamaran is fitted with a special bow-landing door to allow easy beach access. Accommodations include: heated cabin, wrap-around windows, snack bar, restroom & expansive observation deck.
Wear sturdy footgear, and dress warmly in layers, as this tour operates in all weather conditions. You will have free time to explore beautiful Sitka on your own, before or after the tour.
This tour is available to guests of all cruise ships that visit the port of Sitka.
This tour is available to guests of all cruise ships that visit the port of Juneau.