Embark on a scenic cruise into the Alaskan wilderness that guarantees you will see wildlife, including whales! Travel by deluxe catamaran served by a knowledgeable naturalist and attentive crew. This is a great opportunity to view and learn about whales, sea lions, porpoise, seals, bald eagles and other species of wildlife.
This sightseeing cruise features guaranteed whale watching! Following a short motorcoach ride to scenic Auke Bay, you’ll board a waterjet-powered catamaran specially designed for wildlife viewing. Relax in the warm, comfortable, spacious main cabin, surrounded by large windows as your experienced captain guides you through the island-studded waters of Stephen’s Passage.
Against a majestic backdrop of snow-capped peaks and glaciers, the onboard naturalist will explain the behavior and habitat of wildlife you may encounter, including humpback and killer whales, Steller sea lions, Dall’s porpoise, harbor seals, bald eagles, bears and deer. This tour guarantees you will see a whale. If not, you’ll receive a $100 cash refund as you disembark the vessel. But don’t anticipate a refund; in the past 15+ years whales have been sighted on every tour!
To fully enjoy the sights and sounds of a close encounter with wildlife, be sure to bring a warm, rainproof jacket to wear on the topside observation deck and don’t forget your camera! Day-use binoculars and a souvenir wildlife guide & map are provided, along with complimentary snacks and beverages.
Whale Watching Wildlife Quest Gallery
- Port: Juneau
- Duration: 4 Hours (3-hr cruise, 1-hr coach transfer)
- Provided: Snacks; coffee, tea, cocoa
- Accessibility: This tour is wheelchair accessible. Combined weight of guest and mobility device cannot exceed 600 pounds. Mobility devices must have a maximum length of 48-inches, a maximum width of 32-inches, and minimum ground clearance of 3.5-inches.
- This tour guarantees whale sightings on every voyage- if not, you'll receive a $100 cash refund. In the past 15+ years, whales have been sighted on every tour!
- Every voyage is unique; custom-designed by your experienced Alaskan captain and crew. You'll have the opportunity to view humpback whales, orca, sea lions, porpoise, seals, eagles, and more!
- Our 100% whale-viewing success rate, exceptional crew performance, and superior vessel design has combined to make this tour a multi-year winner of the "Shore Excursion of the Year" in Juneau!
Dress warmly and bring a rainproof jacket to wear on the observation deck.
Allen Marine is committed to the long-standing relationships we have cultivated with our cruise line partners. Booking through your cruise line’s website is the most expedient and effortless way to book a trip, and includes several built-in benefits and guarantees. Because you are booking directly through your ship, your tickets will be ready ahead of time, and often hand-delivered to your stateroom. You are also guaranteed to make it back to your ship before it departs – the ship will stay in port if your shore excursion runs late. If there are any changes to your ship’s schedule, your shore excursions team will ensure that we are contacted on your behalf, and any necessary changes in itinerary will be made. Finally, you will have the added bonus of a dedicated shore excursions team who will be available to help answer questions and make arrangements should your tour be canceled or changed due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. The value you receive by booking through your cruise line is truly outstanding.