Enjoy a magical evening cruise that features great food, a relaxing ambiance and guaranteed whale viewing. Throughout the cruise your onboard naturalist will explain the behavior and habitat of the humpback whale and other wildlife you may encounter, including killer whales, sea lions, porpoise, harbor seals, bald eagles and more! This excursion guarantee you’ll be able to view at least one whale, or you will receive $100 cash as you disembark the vessel.
Enjoy a magical evening cruise that features guaranteed whale viewing, and great food! Following a short motorcoach ride to scenic Auke Bay, you’ll board a deluxe catamaran specially designed for wildlife viewing. Relax in the warm, spacious main cabin as you set out to explore Stephen’s Passage, a pristine marine wilderness surrounded by snow-capped peaks and glaciers. This area is world-renowned as a favored summer feeding ground for humpback whales.
As whales are sighted, your skilled Captain will gently maneuver the vessel to allow exceptional viewing and photographic opportunities. You’ll be amazed by the gracefulness of these ocean giants as they slowly arc their massive tail flukes into the air. Bring a warm jacket to wear on the observation deck; the whales are often close enough to hear them breathe. If conditions allow, an underwater hydrophone will be deployed so that you may even get to experience their incredible “singing”.
An onboard naturalist will explain the behavior and habitat of the humpback whale and other wildlife you may encounter, including orcas, sea lions, porpoise, harbor seals, bald eagles and more. Throughout the voyage you’ll be treated to a delicious variety of appetizers including a baron of beef, reindeer sausage, smoked salmon, cheese and vegetable trays, hot shrimp dip, dessert bars and pastries. Tea, coffee and cocoa will be served. Wine, beer and sodas are available at an additional charge.
This tour guarantees you will see a whale. If not, you’ll receive a $100 cash refund as you disembark the tour vessel. In the past 15+ years, whales have been sighted on every tour!
Evening Whale Quest Gallery
- Port: Juneau
- Duration: 3.5 hours (including 2.5-hr cruise and 1-hr coach transfer)
- Provided: Appetizers & desserts; hot & cold beverages
- Accessibility: This tour is wheelchair accessible. Combined weight of guest and mobility device cannot exceed 600 pounds. Mobility devices must have a maximum length of 48-inches, a maximum width of 32-inches, and minimum ground clearance of 3.5-inches.
- This award-winning event combines Alaska’s finest “whales guaranteed” cruise with the opportunity to sample delicious appetizers & desserts prepared by one of Juneau’s premier caterers.
- Evening tour timing allows you to get the most out of your day in Juneau, no matter how many activities you want to fit into it. Plus, the evening calm and lighting offers ideal photography conditions.
- This tour guarantees you’ll see whales – If not, you’ll receive a $100 cash refund. In the past 15+ years, whales have been sighted on every tour! Tour operator has over 45-years of experience.
Dress warmly and bring a rainproof jacket to wear on the observation deck. The selection of appetizers and desserts includes vegetarian and gluten-free options.
Allen Marine is committed to the long-standing relationships we have cultivated with our cruise line partners. Booking through your cruise line’s website is the most expedient and effortless way to book a trip, and includes several built-in benefits and guarantees. Because you are booking directly through your ship, your tickets will be ready ahead of time, and often hand-delivered to your stateroom. You are also guaranteed to make it back to your ship before it departs – the ship will stay in port if your shore excursion runs late. If there are any changes to your ship’s schedule, your shore excursions team will ensure that we are contacted on your behalf, and any necessary changes in itinerary will be made. Finally, you will have the added bonus of a dedicated shore excursions team who will be available to help answer questions and make arrangements should your tour be canceled or changed due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. The value you receive by booking through your cruise line is truly outstanding.