This tour combines two Juneau favorites: the Whale Watching & Wildlife Quest and the Orca Point Lodge Salmon Bake. Enjoy a “whales guaranteed” wildlife cruise aboard a deluxe catamaran, and then step ashore on a remote island to enjoy a delicious salmon bake feast in a spectacular wilderness setting.
FULL DESCRIPTIONFull Description:
This exciting tour combines a “whales guaranteed” cruise with Alaska’s finest wilderness salmon bake. Following a motorcoach ride to scenic Auke Bay, you’ll board a waterjet-powered catamaran specially designed for wildlife viewing. Relax in the warm, comfortable cabin, surrounded by large windows, as you ply the island-studded waters of Stephen’s Passage. This area is world-renowned as a favored summer feeding ground for humpback whales.
Once whales have been sighted, your skilled captain will maneuver the vessel to allow exceptional viewing and photographic opportunities as these graceful giants slowly arc their massive tail flukes into the air. Don’t forget your camera, and be sure to bring a warm jacket to wear on the topside observation deck; the whales are often close enough to hear them breathe! An onboard naturalist will explain the behavior and habitat of the humpback whale and other wildlife you may encounter, including killer whales, Steller sea lions, Dall’s porpoise, harbor seals, bald eagles and more.
Next, you’ll take a leisurely break from cruising to step ashore at Orca Point Lodge on beautiful Colt Island, to enjoy a feast that includes fresh-grilled wild Alaska salmon, chicken kabobs, vegetable medley, rice pilaf, cole slaw, fresh-hot rolls and desserts. The lodge offers peaceful seclusion with modern comforts in a remote wilderness setting. Visit the marine life touch pool, scan the coast of Admiralty Island with a powerful spotting scope or take a relaxing stroll along the beach before reboarding your catamaran for the return cruise to Auke Bay.
Whale Quest & Orca Point Lodge Gallery
- Port: Juneau
- Duration: 5 Hours (3-hr cruise, 1-hr salmon bake, coach transfer)
- Provided: Salmon bake lunch; snacks & beverages; souvenir route guide
- Accessibility: This tour is wheelchair accessible. Combined weight of guest and mobility device cannot exceed 600 pounds. Mobility devices must have a maximum length of 48-inches, a maximum width of 32-inches, and minimum ground clearance of 3.5-inches.
- Satisfy your appetite for Wild Alaska on the world’s most successful Whale Watching cruise. This tour guarantees you’ll see whales! – If not, you’ll receive a $100 cash refund.
- Enjoy a Salmon Bake Feast at Orca Point Lodge on beautiful, remote Colt Island. Your meal includes fresh-grilled wild Alaska salmon, chicken kabobs and a variety of delicious side dishes & desserts.
- Following lunch/dinner you will have free time to use the spotting scopes out on the observation deck, visit the marine life touch pool, or take a relaxing stroll along the beach.
Dress warmly and bring a rainproof jacket to wear on the vessel’s observation deck and outdoors at the lodge. Special dietary requirements can be accommodated with at least 24-hours advance notice.
Allen Marine is committed to the long-standing relationships we have cultivated with our cruise line partners. Booking through your cruise line’s website is the most expedient and effortless way to book a trip, and includes several built-in benefits and guarantees. Because you are booking directly through your ship, your tickets will be ready ahead of time, and often hand-delivered to your stateroom. You are also guaranteed to make it back to your ship before it departs – the ship will stay in port if your shore excursion runs late. If there are any changes to your ship’s schedule, your shore excursions team will ensure that we are contacted on your behalf, and any necessary changes in itinerary will be made. Finally, you will have the added bonus of a dedicated shore excursions team who will be available to help answer questions and make arrangements should your tour be canceled or changed due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. The value you receive by booking through your cruise line is truly outstanding.