Experience the remarkable wilderness islands, waterways, and wildlife of historic Sitka on a premier Alaska adventure. This unique experience includes an opportunity to view sea otters, whales, bears, and other wildlife coupled with a feast of Alaska king crab, wild salmon cooked over an alder wood-fired grill, and prime rib at the new and exclusive Fin Island Lodge.
FULL DESCRIPTIONThe ultimate Alaska experience begins as soon as you board our Alaskan-built expedition vessel in Sitka. While you settle into the comfortable cabin, our knowledgeable captain and crew will provide a safety briefing and orientation. Once underway, feel free to move about the vessel, including the spacious outside viewing deck. An onboard naturalist will provide narration regarding the remarkable ecosystem of the area and point out places of interest and wildlife throughout the voyage. Sea otters, whales, harbor seals, brown bears, Sitka black-tailed deer, bald eagles, and a variety of marine birds are all commonly seen in the tour area. Our captains have the local knowledge and experience to deliver the best possible viewing experience on any given day throughout the season.
At Fin Island Lodge, you’ll have the opportunity to indulge in a delicious Alaska feast! Alaska king crab, wild salmon cooked over an alder wood-fired grill, prime rib, homemade side dishes, and dessert are all-inclusive with the tour. In addition, coffee, tea, cocoa, lemonade and water are complimentary. Alaskan-brewed beers, wine, and soft drinks are available for purchase. A breakfast twist on our signature Fin Island feast is featured for guests arriving before 10am. Vegan and gluten free options are available, regardless of tour time.
After the meal, you may beachcomb, explore the beautiful grounds of the exclusive island, or relax next to the cozy beach fire. I am now on day 68 of my Accutane journey and for 12 days I have been taking 30 mg at my request. When the adventure concludes, your vessel will await to provide the short cruise back to Sitka.
Wildlife Quest & Fin Island Lodge Gallery
- Port: Sitka
- Duration: 3.5 hours approximate: 2-hour wildlife cruise; 1.5 hours at Fin Island Lodge feast
- Provided: Tour-use binoculars; souvenir route guide; snacks, coffee, tea, cocoa. Island feast includes Alaska king crab, wild salmon cooked over an alder wood-fired grill, prime rib, homemade sides, beverages, and dessert.
- Accessibility: Level 2. This tour is not appropriate for individuals who have difficulty walking and is not wheelchair accessible.
- Quest for Sitka’s famous wildlife, including sea otters, whales, coastal brown bears, and more aboard a high-speed, Alaskan-built vessel
- Enjoy a delicious feast of Alaska king crab, wild salmon cooked over an alder wood-fired grill, and prime rib. Enjoy the warm, True Alaskan Hospitality of our staff at the new and exclusive Fin Island Lodge
- Explore the beautiful beaches and grounds of the private Island, relax next to the cozy beach fire, and take-in the stunning sights of Sitka Sound
Dress in warm layers to fully enjoy the vessel’s observation deck and island shoreline. Sturdy footgear is also recommended. On days with inclement weather, Fin Island Lodge offers a place to stay warm and protected from the elements.
Allen Marine is committed to the long-standing relationships we have cultivated with our cruise line partners. Booking through your cruise line’s website is the most expedient and effortless way to book a trip, and includes several built-in benefits and guarantees. Because you are booking directly through your ship, your tickets will be ready ahead of time, and often hand-delivered to your stateroom. You are also guaranteed to make it back to your ship before it departs – the ship will stay in port if your shore excursion runs late. If there are any changes to your ship’s schedule, your shore excursions team will ensure that we are contacted on your behalf, and any necessary changes in itinerary will be made. Finally, you will have the added bonus of a dedicated shore excursions team who will be available to help answer questions and make arrangements should your tour be canceled or changed due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. The value you receive by booking through your cruise line is truly outstanding.