Travel in comfort aboard a deluxe jetboat to experience the very best of the Tracy Arm Wilderness Area, including glacier-carved cliffs, spectacular waterfalls and exciting close-up views of the majestic Sawyer Glaciers. You’ll also have opportunities to view and photograph the areas abundant wildlife.
Travel by deluxe jetboat to explore the very best of the Tracy Arm Wilderness Area, including exciting close-up views of the majestic Sawyer Glaciers. Relax in the warm, spacious cabin as your experienced captain guides you through scenic passages and into the heart of a wild place that has, until recently, been buried for centuries by glacial ice. Here, the extraordinary maneuverability of the Katlian Express will allow you to glide quietly past curious seals and icebergs – to get as close as possible to the ever-changing face of South Sawyer Glacier.
Be sure to spend as much time as possible on the topside observation deck where you can enjoy this unforgettable experience with all your senses. At times, you can even feel the “white thunder” as immense spires of ice break from the glacier and crash into the sea. Before departing the ice pack you will also view beautiful North Sawyer Glacier, which cannot be approached by large cruise ships.
While exploring the length of this ice-carved fjord you will cruise beneath cliffs that rise 4000-feet above the jade-colored sea, and you can even feel the mist on your face as the vessel glides near a plunging waterfall. There will be stops along the way to view and photograph wildlife, such as Bald Eagles, Harbor Seals and Mountain Goats. Encounters with bears and whales are not uncommon.
Throughout the voyage, your onboard naturalist will provide a wealth of information about the area, which naturalist John Muir called “one of the most dramatically stunning fjords of Southeast Alaska”. You’ll also enjoy a picnic-style meal and a variety of complimentary snacks and beverages served by your friendly Alaskan crew as you trace the rugged shores of Stephens Passage on the cruise north to Juneau.
Tracy Arm Fjord & Glacier Explorer Gallery
- Port: Juneau
- Duration: 7 Hours (round-trip cruise from Juneau, may include coach transfer)
- Provided: Binoculars; picnic-style lunch; snacks; coffee, tea, cocoa; bottled water
- Accessibility: This tour is not wheelchair accessible. Little walking is required; however, participants must be able to negotiate transit of a narrow, moderately-steep gangway with only minor assistance to embark the tour vessel.
- Live your Alaskan dreams on this cruise exploration of the spectacular Tracy Arm Wilderness Area, including exciting up-close views of the dynamic Twin Sawyer Glaciers!
- The exceptional agility of our vessel will allow you to have an in-depth exploration of this amazing fjord, plus close views of the glaciers that your cruise ship cannot provide!
- Your Captain will make many detours and stops, allowing you incredible opportunities to view and photograph cobalt-blue icebergs, spectacular cliffs, 1000-foot waterfalls & abundant wildlife!
In the event that unpredictable and ever-changing ice conditions preclude your cruise ship from entering Tracy Arm Fjord, the tour will be modified to explore Endicott Arm, a fjord and tidewater glacier of equal beauty. To fully enjoy the outside observation decks, we recommend participants bring a warm, rainproof jacket, hat & gloves. The vessel is equipped with deluxe seating, a galley and restrooms. The tour will disembark next to the cruise ship in downtown Juneau.
Allen Marine is committed to the long-standing relationships we have cultivated with our cruise line partners. Booking through your cruise line’s website is the most expedient and effortless way to book a trip, and includes several built-in benefits and guarantees. Because you are booking directly through your ship, your tickets will be ready ahead of time, and often hand-delivered to your stateroom. You are also guaranteed to make it back to your ship before it departs – the ship will stay in port if your shore excursion runs late. If there are any changes to your ship’s schedule, your shore excursions team will ensure that we are contacted on your behalf, and any necessary changes in itinerary will be made. Finally, you will have the added bonus of a dedicated shore excursions team who will be available to help answer questions and make arrangements should your tour be canceled or changed due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. The value you receive by booking through your cruise line is truly outstanding.