Experience Alaska’s premier attractions – glaciers and wildlife – from two very different vantage points … by land and by sea. On this tour you will enjoy a 3-hour whale watching & wildlife cruise aboard a deluxe catamaran, plus the opportunity to visit the world-famous Mendenhall Glacier. This tour guarantees you will see a whale. If not, you’ll receive a $100 cash refund as you disembark the vessel.
FULL DESCRIPTIONFull Description:
Experience Alaska’s premier attractions – glaciers and wildlife – from two very different vantage points: by land and by sea. A narrated motorcoach ride takes you to view and photograph the famous Mendenhall Glacier. At the Visitor Center you’ll have the opportunity to talk with Forest Service interpreters, and, through interactive exhibits, learn about the awesome force of glaciers.
Back aboard the motorcoach you’ll take a scenic route through the Mendenhall Valley. At Auke Bay you’ll board a waterjet-powered catamaran specially designed for wildlife viewing. Relax in the warm, comfortable, spacious main cabin, surrounded by large windows as your experienced captain guides you through the island-studded waters of Stephen’s Passage.
Against a majestic backdrop of snow-capped peaks and glaciers, the onboard naturalist will explain the behavior and habitat of wildlife you may encounter, including humpback and killer whales, sea lions, porpoise, harbor seals, bald eagles and more. This tour guarantees you will see a whale. If not, you’ll receive a $100 cash refund as you disembark the vessel.
Mendenhall Glacier & Wildlife Quest Gallery
- Port: Juneau
- Duration: 5.25 hours (3-hr cruise, 1-hr at glacier, coach transfer)
- Provided: Snacks; coffee, tea, cocoa
- Accessibility: This tour is wheelchair accessible; however, please note that participation requires six transitions with a motorcoach lift. Combined weight of guest and mobility device cannot exceed 600 pounds. Mobility devices must have a maximum length of 48-inches, a maximum width of 32-inches, and minimum ground clearance of 3.5-inches.
- Alaska’s premier attractions are glaciers & wildlife. This exciting adventure allows you to enjoy both, starting with guaranteed whale viewing on Alaska’s most-successful wildlife cruise.
- You will take a scenic, guide coach tour to view and photograph the famous Mendenhall Glacier. At the Visitor Center you’ll have time to explore interactive exhibits and stroll on viewpoint trails.
- This tour guarantees you’ll see whales – If not, you’ll receive a $100 cash refund. In the past 15+ years, whales have been sighted on every tour! Tour operator has over 45-years of experience.
This tour also runs in reverse order, with participants going on the Whale Quest cruise prior to visiting the Mendenhall Glacier. Be sure to bring a warm, rainproof jacket- and don't forget your camera!
Allen Marine is committed to the long-standing relationships we have cultivated with our cruise line partners. Booking through your cruise line’s website is the most expedient and effortless way to book a trip, and includes several built-in benefits and guarantees. Because you are booking directly through your ship, your tickets will be ready ahead of time, and often hand-delivered to your stateroom. You are also guaranteed to make it back to your ship before it departs – the ship will stay in port if your shore excursion runs late. If there are any changes to your ship’s schedule, your shore excursions team will ensure that we are contacted on your behalf, and any necessary changes in itinerary will be made. Finally, you will have the added bonus of a dedicated shore excursions team who will be available to help answer questions and make arrangements should your tour be canceled or changed due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. The value you receive by booking through your cruise line is truly outstanding.