Experience three great tours in one unforgettable day. View wildlife on a deluxe catamaran cruise that features guaranteed whale sightings, enjoy a salmon bake feast at beautiful Orca Point Lodge on Colt Island, and take a scenic drive to view and photograph the world famous Mendenhall Glacier.
Experience three of Alaska’s top attractions on this ultimate combination tour: a “whales guaranteed” cruise, a wilderness island salmon bake and the mighty Mendenhall Glacier! Following a motorcoach ride to scenic Auke Bay, you’ll board a warm, comfortable, waterjet-powered catamaran, and set out to explore the island-studded waters of Stephen’s Passage. This area is world-renowned as a favored summer feeding ground for humpback whales.
Once whales have been sighted, your skilled captain will maneuver the vessel to allow exceptional viewing and photographic opportunities. Don’t forget your camera, and be sure to bring a warm jacket to wear on the topside observation deck; the whales are often close enough to hear them breathe! An onboard naturalist will explain the behavior and habitat of the humpback whale and other wildlife you may encounter, including killer whales, sea lions, porpoise, harbor seals, bald eagles and more.
Next, step ashore at Orca Point Lodge on beautiful Colt Island to enjoy a feast of fresh grilled wild Alaska salmon, chicken kabobs, vegetable medley, rice pilaf, cole slaw, hot-fresh rolls and desserts. The lodge offers peaceful seclusion with modern comforts in a remote wilderness setting. Visit the marine life touch pool or take a stroll along the beach before reboarding your catamaran for the return cruise to Auke Bay.
A scenic drive to the Mendenhall Glacier completes your Juneau “triple crown” adventure. The newly-remodeled Visitor Center provides stunning views, photographic opportunities and an interactive learning experience. You’ll meet Forest Service interpreters who are eager to share facts and answer questions related to the natural forces that formed this great river of ice.
Best of Juneau Gallery
- Port: Juneau
- Duration: 6.25 Hours (3-hr cruise, 1-hr salmon bake, 1-hr at glacier, coach transfer)
- Provided: Salmon bake lunch, beverages & snacks; souvenir route guide, binoculars
- Accessibility: All components of this tour feature wheelchair accessible facilities; however, because of the long overall duration and frequency of transportation (dis)embarkations, this tour is not recommended for individuals who are fully-dependent on wheelchair mobility.
- Experience three great tours in one unforgettable day, starting with a deluxe catamaran cruise that features guaranteed whale sightings! ($100 cash back if you don’t see at least one whale).
- Step ashore at Orca Point Lodge, an exclusive island retreat. Feast on wild Alaska salmon, chicken kabobs, delicious side dishes & desserts while relaxing in a beautiful wilderness setting.
- A scenic, guided coach tour to the famous Mendenhall Glacier completes this ultimate combination tour. The Visitor Center provides stunning views and an interactive learning experience.
Order of tour attractions may vary. Dress warmly and bring a rainproof jacket. Special dietary requirements can be accommodated with at least 24-hours advance notice.
Allen Marine is committed to the long-standing relationships we have cultivated with our cruise line partners. Booking through your cruise line’s website is the most expedient and effortless way to book a trip, and includes several built-in benefits and guarantees. Because you are booking directly through your ship, your tickets will be ready ahead of time, and often hand-delivered to your stateroom. You are also guaranteed to make it back to your ship before it departs – the ship will stay in port if your shore excursion runs late. If there are any changes to your ship’s schedule, your shore excursions team will ensure that we are contacted on your behalf, and any necessary changes in itinerary will be made. Finally, you will have the added bonus of a dedicated shore excursions team who will be available to help answer questions and make arrangements should your tour be canceled or changed due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. The value you receive by booking through your cruise line is truly outstanding.