Join an intimate wildlife viewing safari aboard a deluxe expedition vessel, in search of whales, harbor seals, porpoise, bears and eagles as you explore wilderness passages and rugged coastlines. Then, step ashore on a remote beach with Alaska Native camp hosts to learn intertidal harvesting techniques and enjoy Alaskan cuisine alongside a crackling beach bonfire.
Wildlife Safari & Beach Bonfire Gallery
- Port: Ketchikan
- Duration: 3.5 Hours (2.0-2.5 hr cruise, 1.0-1.5 hr ashore)
- Provided: Rain poncho, a variety of snacks and beverages
- Accessibility: This tour is not appropriate for individuals who have difficulty walking. Participants must be in good health, at least 5 years of age, and able to disembark onto the beach via a 5-rung ladder.
- Unparalleled access to remote Alaska! Cruise by expedition vessel through beautiful passages that are home to an abundance of wildlife.
- Step ashore on a remote wilderness island to enjoy every day Alaskan cuisine alongside a beach bonfire, the way the locals do it!
- Experience true Alaska – explore old growth rainforest, discover life in the intertidal zone and learn traditional native harvesting techniques.
Wear sturdy footgear, and dress warmly in layers, as this tour operates in all weather conditions. Wildlife sightings are frequent but not guaranteed.
Allen Marine is committed to the long-standing relationships we have cultivated with our cruise line partners. Booking through your cruise line’s website is the most expedient and effortless way to book a trip, and includes several built-in benefits and guarantees. Because you are booking directly through your ship, your tickets will be ready ahead of time, and often hand-delivered to your stateroom. You are also guaranteed to make it back to your ship before it departs – the ship will stay in port if your shore excursion runs late. If there are any changes to your ship’s schedule, your shore excursions team will ensure that we are contacted on your behalf, and any necessary changes in itinerary will be made. Finally, you will have the added bonus of a dedicated shore excursions team who will be available to help answer questions and make arrangements should your tour be canceled or changed due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. The value you receive by booking through your cruise line is truly outstanding.