Enjoy Sitka’s “Triple Crown” of wildlife-viewing experiences: a cruise on the award-winning Sea Otter & Wildlife Quest, a guided tour through the world-renowned Alaska Raptor Center, and a visit to Fortress of the Bear, a one-of-a-kind sanctuary for orphaned Alaska brown and black bears. The cruise portion of this tour features a $100 “cash back” wildlife sighting guarantee.
FULL DESCRIPTIONFull Description:
This unforgettable tour provides the opportunity to experience all three of Sitka’s most popular wildlife viewing experiences.
First, you’ll board a deluxe, waterjet-powered catamaran and set out to explore the marine wilderness, to observe sea otters, whales, Steller sea lions, porpoise, harbor seals, brown bears, blacktail deer, and a variety of marine birds. An onboard naturalist will explain the workings of this remarkable ecosystem as your skilled Captain maneuvers the vessel to provide the best-possible views.
Next, take a short coach ride to the renowned Alaska Raptor Center, where injured birds of prey receive medical treatment. A wildlife interpreter will guide you through the Bald Eagle Flight Building, and introduce you to some of the “raptors in residence” perched in outdoor habitats. You’ll then have some time to explore the river trail and enjoy interactive exhibits.
Your adventure continues with a narrated drive along a winding, coastal road to visit the Fortress of the Bear rescue facility at Silver Bay. Here, you can view and photograph brown and black bears up-close from a raised platform, and learn about an Alaskan family’s dream: offering a life-saving alternative for bears caught in conflict with their human neighbors.
The cruise portion of this tour guarantees you will observe sea otters and at least two other species of wildlife. If not, you’ll receive a $100 cash refund as you disembark the Sea Otter & Wildlife Quest vessel. You will have free time to explore beautiful Sitka on your own after the tour.
Otters, Raptors & Bears … Oh My! Gallery
- Port: Sitka
- Duration: 5 Hours (3-hr cruise, 50-min at Raptor Center, 30-min at Fortress of the Bear)
- Provided: Approximately 3 hours
- Accessibility: Participants must be able to negotiate 3-4 steps to board and disembark tour vessel and bus. Please consult your cruise line shore excursion department before booking for details.
- The only way to experience Sitka’s three most popular wildlife experiences: the Sea Otter & Wildlife Quest, the Alaska Raptor Center, and the Fortress of the Bear!
- The cruise portion of this tour guarantees you will view sea otters and at least two other species of wildlife – If not; you’ll receive a $100 cash refund as you disembark the catamaran.
- Sitka Sound is home to the greatest variety of wildlife in Southeast Alaska – sea otters, whales, sea lions, porpoise, harbor seals, brown bears, puffins, bald eagles and more!
Order of attractions may vary. Dress warmly and bring a rainproof jacket to wear on the boat's observation deck, and to enjoy the outdoor habitats at the Alaska Raptor Center and Fortress of the Bear. You will have free time to explore beautiful Sitka on your own after the tour.
Allen Marine is committed to the long-standing relationships we have cultivated with our cruise line partners. Booking through your cruise line’s website is the most expedient and effortless way to book a trip, and includes several built-in benefits and guarantees. Because you are booking directly through your ship, your tickets will be ready ahead of time, and often hand-delivered to your stateroom. You are also guaranteed to make it back to your ship before it departs – the ship will stay in port if your shore excursion runs late. If there are any changes to your ship’s schedule, your shore excursions team will ensure that we are contacted on your behalf, and any necessary changes in itinerary will be made. Finally, you will have the added bonus of a dedicated shore excursions team who will be available to help answer questions and make arrangements should your tour be canceled or changed due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. The value you receive by booking through your cruise line is truly outstanding.