Embark on Alaska’s most intimate coastal wilderness experience aboard your own private expedition catamaran. Watch whales, go on a photo-safari, stroll the shore of a remote island – the day is yours, to explore Alaska however you please.
FULL DESCRIPTIONFull Description:
An amazing vessel and knowledgeable captain are at your command for a wide choice of activities featuring a stunning variety of wildlife and soul-stirring coastal scenery. You choose the activity and the pace of your unique marine adventure as you indulge your senses and imagination on Sitka Sound’s pristine, island-studded waters.
Wildlife is plentiful here, and your captain has a profound knowledge of the preferred habitats and movement of whales, sea otters, sea lions, porpoise, seals, brown bears and bald eagles. He also knows the best places to explore and photograph awe-inspiring volcanic formations, glacier-carved peaks, secluded passages and other natural wonders. Weather permitting, you may wish to circumnavigate the rugged coast of St. Lazaria National Wildlife Refuge – breeding grounds for thousands of seabirds, including puffins, auklets and murres.
An expert naturalist will accompany you if you opt to go ashore on remote islands to beachcomb, explore tide pools, or just savor the peacefulness of an untouched place. Your vessel is a new 30-foot, expedition-style catamaran with a spacious, heated cabin, equipped with deluxe seating, a restroom and galley. Viewing opportunities are facilitated by large wrap-around windows and an expansive open-air deck, along with a special bow-landing door to allow easy beach access.
Up-Close Exclusive Cruise Adventure Gallery
- Port: Sitka
- Duration: 3.5 Hours (all cruise or with beach trek option)
- Capacity: Up to 6 guests (exclusive to private party)
- Provided: Rain poncho, a variety of beverages and snacks
- Accessibility: Access to vessel requires walking approximately 100-yards and ability to negotiate 2-3 boarding steps with only minor assistance. Vessel doorways and restroom are not wheelchair accessible.
- Exclusive use of your own 6-passenger expedition catamaran allows unmatched access to wild Alaska. Exceptional wildlife viewing opportunities: sea otters, whales, brown bear, puffins and more!
- You choose the activity and the pace of your unique, private-party adventure. (A Preference Card is filled out in advance of the cruise date, so that we can plan a perfect tour to match your desires.)
- Deluxe expedition catamaran features: heated cabin, wrap-around windows, service bar, restroom & lots of outside deck space, plus a special bow-landing ramp for easy beach access.
Dress warmly in layers, and wear sturdy footgear if you are planning to go ashore. Rain poncho, binoculars, snacks and beverages are provided. Bring your camera. Maximum capacity is 6 guests. Only one person in the party purchases the ticket to reserve use of this private vessel.
Allen Marine is committed to the long-standing relationships we have cultivated with our cruise line partners. Booking through your cruise line’s website is the most expedient and effortless way to book a trip, and includes several built-in benefits and guarantees. Because you are booking directly through your ship, your tickets will be ready ahead of time, and often hand-delivered to your stateroom. You are also guaranteed to make it back to your ship before it departs – the ship will stay in port if your shore excursion runs late. If there are any changes to your ship’s schedule, your shore excursions team will ensure that we are contacted on your behalf, and any necessary changes in itinerary will be made. Finally, you will have the added bonus of a dedicated shore excursions team who will be available to help answer questions and make arrangements should your tour be canceled or changed due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. The value you receive by booking through your cruise line is truly outstanding.