Explore Misty Fjords, one of nature’s most spectacular creations, while cruising in luxury aboard one of the fastest sightseeing vessels in Alaska. You’ll stop to view an active bald eagle’s nest, a Tlingit pictograph, and New Eddystone Rock; an immense volcanic spire rising from the emerald sea. Delight in the unhurried exploration of Rudyerd Bay and learn the natural history of the fjords while gliding quietly near 3,000-foot vertical cliffs and glistening waterfalls.
FULL DESCRIPTIONFull Description:
Explore Misty Fjords, one of nature’s most spectacular creations, while cruising in luxury aboard one of the fastest sightseeing vessels in Alaska. The adventure begins as soon as you leave Ketchikan’s picturesque harbor, passing by colorful float planes and fishing boats. Enjoy the service and narrative provided by your crew, and watch for marine and coastal wildlife as you “fly” at sea level past the rugged coastlines bordering Revillagigedo Channel.
Voyage into Behm Canal, surrounded by the pristine beauty of Misty Fjords, described by John Muir as the Yosemite of the North. Along the way you’ll stop to view an active bald eagle’s nest, a Tlingit pictograph, and New Eddystone Rock; an immense volcanic spire rising from the emerald sea. Delight in the unhurried exploration of Rudyerd Bay, an ice-carved masterpiece deep within the Monument. Here, you’ll learn the natural history of the fjords, listen to the call of nesting sea birds, and feel the mist of glistening waterfalls while gliding quietly beneath 3000-foot glacier-sculpted cliffs.
On the cruise back to Ketchikan, enjoy a selection of snacks and beverages while watching for whales, seals, eagles and other wildlife. You will also have the opportunity to experience culture and history presented by a Native story-teller and artist, or enjoy a tour-related video presentation.
Misty Fjords & Wilderness Explorer Gallery
- Port: Ketchikan
- Duration: 4.5 Hours (round-trip cruise from Ketchikan)
- Provided: Binoculars, souvenir route map; snacks; coffee, tea, cocoa
- Accessibility: This tour is accessible by standard-width manual wheelchair, but not low-clearance electric scooters. Depending on location of cruise ship mooring in Ketchikan, participants may have to walk up to 300-yards and negotiate a tide-variable dock ramp to embark the tour vessel.
- The most luxurious way to experience Misty Fjords! The newest & fastest vessel in Alaska. Spacious, climate-controlled, deluxe seating, wrap-around windows, observation deck, galley & restrooms.
- Catamaran reliability! This tour is seldom affected by rain or low clouds. These common conditions, which often cause flightseeing tours to cancel, actually enhance the beauty of Misty Fjords!
- Award-winning tour quality from the friendliest crew in Alaska! Tour operator has over 45-years of experience. Perfect for families, reunions and other groups that span generations and interests.
Bring a warm, rainproof jacket to wear on the topside observation deck, as this tour operates in all weather conditions. Wildlife sightings are frequent, but not guaranteed.
Allen Marine is committed to the long-standing relationships we have cultivated with our cruise line partners. Booking through your cruise line’s website is the most expedient and effortless way to book a trip, and includes several built-in benefits and guarantees. Because you are booking directly through your ship, your tickets will be ready ahead of time, and often hand-delivered to your stateroom. You are also guaranteed to make it back to your ship before it departs – the ship will stay in port if your shore excursion runs late. If there are any changes to your ship’s schedule, your shore excursions team will ensure that we are contacted on your behalf, and any necessary changes in itinerary will be made. Finally, you will have the added bonus of a dedicated shore excursions team who will be available to help answer questions and make arrangements should your tour be canceled or changed due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. The value you receive by booking through your cruise line is truly outstanding.