Embark on Alaska’s most intimate wilderness experience aboard your own private expedition catamaran. Watch whales, go on a photo-safari, stroll the shore of a remote island – the day is yours. Explore wild Alaska however you please.
FULL DESCRIPTIONFull Description:
Set out aboard a deluxe catamaran to explore glacier-carved fjords and wild stretches of coast at your own pace. Your knowledgeable captain and expedition naturalist will help you design a unique cruise adventure that incorporates your personal interests. As soon as you depart Juneau’s picturesque harbor, it is apparent why Alaska’s capital city is not accessible by road. The steep mountain slopes surrounding town are grooved by countless avalanche chutes and waterfalls. Your private, expedition-style catamaran is the perfect vehicle for exploring this region’s ice-hewn fjords.
Enjoy almost limitless opportunities for discovery. If you want to observe whales and other wildlife, your skilled captain has a profound understanding of their preferred habitats and patterns of movement. If “hands-on” Alaska is your style, you may opt to haul crab pots to get a close-up look at the denizens of the deep, or stop by a commercial fishing boat at work to talk with the crew and admire the day’s catch. And, if you wish, step ashore in a wild place of your choosing to explore tide pools, hike on game trails through old-growth forest, or just savor the serenity of an untouched land.
Your expedition craft is a 48-foot catamaran designed specially for custom cruising. The spacious, heated cabin provides deluxe seating for twenty-four (6-pax maximum on smaller catamaran), a snack bar and restroom. The vessel also features large wraparound windows, an expansive open-air deck, and is fitted with a special bow-landing door to allow easy beach access. The day is yours. Explore the Inside Passage wilderness as you please.
Wild Coast Explorations by Private Boat Gallery
- Port: Juneau
- Duration: 4 Hours (3-3.5 hour cruise, plus one-way or round-trip van/coach transfer)
- Capacity: 6-24 max per departure (depending on vessel type)
- Provided: Rain poncho, binoculars, a variety of beverages & snacks
- Accessibility: Access to vessel requires walking approximately 250-yards and ability to negotiate 2-3 boarding steps with only minor assistance. Vessel doorways and restroom are not wheelchair accessible.
- Exclusive use of your own expedition vessel to enjoy unmatched access to remote Alaska coastal areas. Exceptional wildlife viewing opportunities: whales, sea lions, bears, eagles and more!
- You choose the activity and the pace of your unique adventure. (A Preference Card is filled out by guests in advance of the cruise date, so that we can plan a perfect tour to match your desires.)
- Deluxe 24-passenger catamaran features: heated cabin, wrap-around windows, snack bar & restroom, plus a special bow-landing ramp for easy beach access. Complimentary snacks & beverages provided.
Dress warmly in layers, and wear sturdy footgear if you are planning to go ashore. Rain poncho, binoculars, snacks and beverages are provided. Bring your camera. Maximum capacity is 24 guests. Only one person in the party purchases the ticket to reserve use of this private vessel.
This tour is a published offering only aboard the Disney Wonder and the Silver Shadow. There are no pre-scheduled departures, and it is available to guests of all lines by special request only.